Small Talk Story County
Parents, you have the power to jumpstart your baby's development!
Sign up for Small Talk and participate in a series of free online classes filled with learning, support, and valuable research.
About the project:
We’re testing an exciting program to help you, the parent, create an enriching language environment for your child and learn about how to help your baby’s brain grow. There is no cost to participants.
Benefits of participating:
- You will learn more ways to talk, read, and play with your baby and receive feedback with a new “talk pedometer.”
- You will learn how these skills help your baby's brain grow.
- Small Talk is both a parent education program, and a research project. By participating, you will help us better understand how to deliver such a program in the community.
You can participate if:
- Your child is 0-30 months old.
- You have access to a cellular phone.
- You will attend the meetings and use the "talk pedometer."
Ames Public Library's Small Talk program received the 2017 Library Awards for Innovation from the The Penguin Random House Foundation! The first place prize includes a $10,000 grant for Ames Public Library's future Small Talk efforts.
For more information, visit foundation.penguinrandomhouse.com/libraryawards.